Thursday, February 26, 2015

Knock, Knock

This blog post was from a blog I used to write in called His Voice, Her Voice and My Musings.  I still find this funny today.  Boy I really miss my baby girl

January 23, 2012
Knock, Knock
This past summer (2011) our boys were telling Knock, Knock jokes at dinner time.  This how the final knock, knock went:

Trever: Knock, Knock
Faith: OPEN THE DOOR!!!!!!!

We laughed and laughed over it.  She even laughed.  Yet I realize that while I was laughing she really was frustrated with us.  Knock, Knock jokes were too unrealistic to her and she didn't understand why we would keep saying "knock, knock" and not answer the door.

Fast forward about 5 months  and she is trying to tell knock, knock jokes!!!  It's the same one and we don't really understand the punch line but it amazes me to see her progress and watch her giggle at her knock, knock joke.

Here's her joke:

Faith: Knock, Knock
Us: Whose there?
Faith: Ballerina
Us: Ballerina who?
Faith: Ballerina falls on the floor!! 

and then she giggles and we giggle with her!!

1 comment:

The Beginning of a girl named Faith

It was a quiet Sunday afternoon when Jamie decided it was time to try for second child. Our little boy was napping in his room.  The day was...