Thursday, January 8, 2015

Praise You in the Storm

~~Praise You In The Storm~~
Casting Crowns
I was sure by now, God you would have reached down
And wiped our tears away,
Stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
That it's still raining
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear your whisper through the rain
I'm with you
And as your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
The God who gives and takes away
 
And I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
That you are who you are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm

 
I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry you raised me up again
My strength is almost gone how can I carry on
If I can't find you
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear you whisper through the rain
I'm with you
And as your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
The God who gives and takes away

 
And I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
That you are who you are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm

 
I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of heaven and earth

 
And I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
That you are who you are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm

 
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm
 
 (This picture is from Halloween 2013)

Good Evening my Little Lady.
Your mommy is trying to continue to Praise God in the storm going on around us right now.  As of right now we are in the midst of a physical storm: a winter one!  It has caused the boys to have the last two days off from school and it is cancelled already for tomorrow.  I'm glad for that because I really want to keep them close by.  I know Faithie that I need to let them go and I am, it's just sometimes I need their presence still.  I need it more than ever lately.

Yesterday we recognized as two months away from when we last held you in our arms, talked to you, loved on you and heard your last breath.  It was overall an okay day. Daddy and I had therapy in the morning and I took him to work afterwards.  When I came home, the boys played PlayStation and I slept for four hours.  There are days my Little Lady that I do that.  Afterwards we went to a store to exchange something and pick Daddy up from work.  I decided we were going to my favorite place, Olive Garden for dinner.  It was delicious.  Well actually I had a Sangria/ Margarita drink and three of them at that.  The boys picked on me a bit but they know that we don't drink much alcohol.  I think the last drink I had was before your going to Heaven.  I just needed a stress reliever and that gave it too me.  I also ate a lot of the salad.  I could eat and eat the salad there.  It's my favorite.

Speaking of favorites, we haven't made spaghetti.  It was your favorite and it's too hard to make it.  I wish you were here because I'd make you a big pan full with no meat in the sauce. 

After dinner we went to Toy R Us.  Your brothers shoveled the driveway and the side road the day before and earned some money.  They couldn't wait to spend it.  So we took them there and went home. 

So it was an okay day for being 2 months away. 

Today Faithie I went grocery shopping for the first time, in the beginning of the winter storm.  I missed you riding in the car with me.  I even teared up when I saw the twins that used to be in your classroom at Meijer.  I know one of them used to call you "his princess". 

Sweet girl I have a feeling that you're going to Heaven is the beginning of  a storm here for us.  There are some things coming up that I think may turn ugly: court, Daddy's heart surgery, the new/used car acting up, and I prayed to the Holy Spirit today to help intercede for us.  I prayed to God to put his army of angels around us.  I even listened to the song above and said, "Father, I will keep my faith in you during this time.  Please help guard my heart because it can easily become angry."

I hope I am more or less borrowing trouble and the car issue will be fixed easy, the court thing will blow over, and Daddy will have zero complications from surgery.  I pray for restoration and healing in friendships and continued forgiveness to the Kid.

I do miss you though.  I'm a bit teary eyed tonight but I am moving forward like I know you would want for us.  We all are but we talk about you daily.
Love you Always and Forever,
Momma

For everyone who made it this far in reading, here is the link to the Live Version of Casting Crowns singing the song: Praise you in the Storm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ype1xE0wzsg
 

2 comments:

  1. You forgot about the best part of the day. It was the snowball fight after you picked me up. I pictured Faith giggling as I hit each of you with snowballs. Then sneaking up behind me to get me. It was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We thought of Faith and your family all day on the 7th. I am glad you are able to write about your days and trials and firsts. Sometimes I want to yell to the world to just stop going on; all is not right without Faithie. Its crazy how life goes on and on and yet we can feel so stuck right in the middle in a mountain of sorrow.

    ReplyDelete

The Beginning of a girl named Faith

It was a quiet Sunday afternoon when Jamie decided it was time to try for second child. Our little boy was napping in his room.  The day was...