Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Daddy misses his Baby Girl

Hi Faithie!  How is Heaven today?  I imagine the weather is perfect and Jesus is playing in Heaven's ocean with you.  You loved water so much and Heaven probably has a lot for you to play and splash in.
 
This weekend was the third month of your going to Heaven.  Daddy had a really hard time.  He didn't want to eat or talk or get out of bed.  He was angry you weren't here and he missed you terribly.  Momma's heart hurt for him because I knew what he was going through.  I know I cannot help him through it but just be there when he's ready to talk.
 
 You and your Daddy loved to have fun together.  He and you loved riding rides together.  Last year you two rode the Mount Everest at Animal Kingdom I think four times.  When we first took you to Cedar Point every ride was your playground.  Daddy and I loved riding different rides with you and hearing your laugh and seeing your smiles.  In five days it'll be a year since we traveled to Disney.  Oh I wish we were there and not here.
 
Baby Girl people forget about the Daddies after the death of a child.  I personally don't think it is on purpose.  The momma's probably receive the attention because maybe they are deemed more fragile? Or women in general understand the bond that mom's have with their child? I also wonder if men don't realize they need to call their friends during this time.  Also the daddies hurting have a hard time reaching out I think?  To be honest I don't know but I know I wanted to take away the pain from Daddy but I couldn't.  He misses you Baby.
 You two have grown so close over the last few years.  Faithie you were always there to say "Hi Daddy," when he'd come home from work.  Last January you two went to your first Daddy/Daughter dance.  He dressed in purple and so did you.  I'm so glad you went.  You also started to snuggle with him in the Family Room and would sometimes to pick riding with him.  You were starting to see Daddy as your Prince and I loved, loved, loved seeing it.  Faithie he adored you too.

 Daddy is doing much better today but still like me misses you.  We are forever always going to miss you.  There are going to be good days and there are going to be days where we don't want to get out of bed.  There are going to be days we wish we were with you and days where we are glad to be here in the land of the living.  Thank you for being our daughter for 10 wonderful years.
We both love you ALWAYS and FOREVER!!
Love,
Momma

1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful! My heart goes out to Jamie. I can't imagine the pain a daddy feels. They are their babies protectors. Sending love to both of you!

    ReplyDelete

The Beginning of a girl named Faith

It was a quiet Sunday afternoon when Jamie decided it was time to try for second child. Our little boy was napping in his room.  The day was...