Monday, April 27, 2015

Memories seem so far away

Faithie I feel like I am losing my damn mind.  I have always been forgetful but in the last 5 months it has become worse.  Yesterday Elijah said to me, "Mommy you've been way more forgetful since Sissy died." To which I sighed and agreed.

It makes me afraid of developing early stages of Alzheimer's.  My Grandpa Prudhomme died from this disease when I was 14.  He had this disease for 7 years and ended up passing away at the VA Hospital.  I loved him so much.  I hope you are able to see him in Heaven and see why I loved him.

Today I cried to your daddy because this memory loss is making feel crazy. I didn't remember what today was and I was trying to convince Daddy to take his medicines for the day.  He was like "Honey I already took them" and I said "No Tuesday's meds were still in the pillbox."  It took me about a minute to realize it is Monday.

Faithie I forgot about a birthday party your brothers were invited to this last Saturday.  I haven't told them because I'm not in the mood to deal with their whining and complaining to me. 

It is really bad.  I haven't forgotten my memories of you though.  I remember feeling your head as you were coming into this world, hearing you say I love you, talking about your friends at church, anything Frozen you'd talk to me about, snuggling with you at night, holding your hand, watching you care for people and anything memory wise.  I love those memories!

It's just the day to day memories and reminders I'm screwing up.  Faithie I wish you were here.  Maybe my memory will be better. 

From my understanding this is normal.  I feel like for me it'll never go back to being good.  Oh baby I miss you so very, very, very much!!

I love you ALWAYS and FOREVER,
Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beginning of a girl named Faith

It was a quiet Sunday afternoon when Jamie decided it was time to try for second child. Our little boy was napping in his room.  The day was...