Thursday, April 23, 2015

My Nephew Ben's View on your absence

Today I have a guest post from my nephew Ben.  He was given an assignment at school to tell of four things that have impacted or changed his life.  He is only 10, well he just turned 11 last month, and this is a big assignment for this age.  What in the world could have impacted such change?  Unfortunately for Ben your death, Faithie, created a big change in his life.  He wrote this without any prompting from his momma, your aunt.  I never realized how much he loved you until I read this.  I'm so thankful you were surrounded with love, my Lady.
(Faithie is happy here but with her autism camera's bother her and she doesn't usually smile because it may flash.)

Ben's Letter/Paper
November 7th 2014 was the day my life changed forever. I wish it was a dream but sadly it was not. This was the day that Faith died.

When Faith was alive she had autism. For Faith autism meant she didn’t talk a lot and sometimes did her own thing.  Sometimes she would only talk to you if you got hurt. You couldn’t see it but Faith cared for every one of friends and family. I am going to miss the fun that me and Faith had. Some of the fun things I am going to miss is riding bikes with her, playing chess on the computer, and playing games outside.  The last and most fun thing I am going to miss is playing Minecraft with her.

Since Faith is gone (in Heaven) my life had changed. Now because Faith gone I am no longer allowed to ride in the front of my van or car. This also means I don’t have a fun doctor who cares for me.  That day made me very, very sad, it even broke me down to tears. Now that Faith is gone she won’t be able to go to my band or choir concerts. She won’t be able to come to my graduation or for me to see graduate. I also won’t be able to go to prom or homecoming with her.  But the thing that makes me feel the saddest is we can’t go to each other’s birthday parties. Faith may be gone but I have great memories of her when she was alive. When Faith was around she taught me many things like to be kind to others, friendship is key, to care for others, and most importantly God loves you no matter what.
My nephew blew me away when I read this.  When he first showed this to his Momma she teared up reading the first line.  It took her a month to read everything he wrote.

One of the things that choked me up Faithie was Ben planned to take you to homecoming and prom.  Lately everyone is posting their prom pictures.  Oh my the girls are so beautiful and the boys are so handsome.  One of the pictures that made my eyes sweat was a girl with autism who went to her first prom. Faithie you knew who she was and she was so happy.  My tears were both happy and sad.  She was beautiful and joyful. Now according to Ben it would have been you two going to prom. Oh so very, very precious and sweet.

Ben wrote with such amazing tenderness and clarity.  I so love him and love how much he loved you.

I love you ALWAYS and FOREVER Faithie,
Love,
Momma
My loves when we were in Florida last February.  Oh I wish we were still there!!

 

2 comments:

  1. A friend shared your blog on FB...and I decided to take a look. I don't know you, or your family, but wow I cried at my desk for you. I pray your husband's surgery has gone well, and I commend your nephew for his beautiful writing, and you for getting up every day even when you're hurting and feeling sad. Your loss is unfathomable, and I pray God blesses you and your family in unimaginable ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for praying and for reading. I am finding this to be very healing.

    ReplyDelete

The Beginning of a girl named Faith

It was a quiet Sunday afternoon when Jamie decided it was time to try for second child. Our little boy was napping in his room.  The day was...