Monday, October 12, 2015

Daddy's Hurt Too

 
I found this poem today and it truly represents my husband.  He tries to be strong but I know he's hurting inside.  Jamie is also suffering from PTSD from the accident and thankfully is going to therapy.  He keeps things inside too much in order to protect me from hurting more.  I am so thankful he has been opening up to me over the last few months. 
 
He misses Faithie too. 
 
 People just don't understand we, those who are grieving,  need their friends to stick around after the initial tragedy.  The unfortunate thing from what I have personally discovered is people disappear.  I accepted it fine but it has hurt my husband and has made him angry.  My heart hurts to watch him struggle.  I love him so much and would take it all away if I could: ALL of it.

 Daddy's Grieve Too

 People don't always see
the tears a dad cries,
His heart is broken too 
when his child dies.
 
He tries to hold it together
and be strong,
Even though his world's gone wrong.
 
He holds his wife as her tears fall,
Comforts her through it all,
He goes through his day doing 
what he's supposed to do,
 
But a piece of his heart has been
ripped away too.
So when he's alone he lets out his pain,
And his tears come like falling rain,
His world has crashed in around him,
 
And a world that was once bright
has gone dim.
He feels he has to be strong for others,
But Dads hurt too, not just the Mothers,
 
He searches for answers
but none are to be found,
He hides behind a mask
when he is feeling down.
 
He smiles through his tears,
He struggles and holds in his fears,
But what you see on the outside
is not always real,
 
Men don't always show how they really feel.
So I'd like to ask a favor of you,
The next time you see a mother hurting
over the loss of her child,
 
please remember.....a Dad hurts to
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beginning of a girl named Faith

It was a quiet Sunday afternoon when Jamie decided it was time to try for second child. Our little boy was napping in his room.  The day was...